2018 is winding down and it’s time to review the year and plan for next year.
Don’t take the month of December off of your strategic planning; instead, start your planning now so you hit the ground running January 1. Are you taking steps to ensure that your Human Resources practices are up-to-date and in compliance? We put together an HR checklist to so you know exactly what to do to wrap up 2018 and start the New Year off on the right foot.
End-of-Year HR Checklist
This checklist will help you close out 2018 and review your HR practices going into the New Year. You can also download this list in a printable format for free below.
- Ensure compliance with new state, city, or federal labor laws
- Verify that correct labor laws are properly posted
- Review and update all company policies
- Ensure employees are properly classified as exempt (salary) or non-exempt (hourly)
- Update or develop a new employee handbook
- Plan and perform annual performance reviews
- Remind employees to update their personal information for benefits cards, tax documents, etc.
- Audit and organize personnel files for compliance
- Review hiring processes for compliance and effectiveness, particularly these processes:
- Engagement and Retention
- Check with departments for staffing needs and start planning for new hires
We Can Help
HR regulatory compliance and practices can be confusing. Hire an HR consultant to handle your needs in 2019. If you would like more information about how to manage your HR, contact us. We serve small to medium size businesses and specialize in working with business owners to provide solutions for their Human Resources needs. We partner with companies looking to start up a formal or informal HR department as well those only interested in developing and implementing a specific employee “people” program.